Thursday, February 26, 2009

#6 The Watchmen by Alan Moore & Dave Gibbons


When I saw the previews for the upcoming movie I was really excited. It looked super cool. Then when I found out it was based on a graphic novel, I thought neat, maybe I should read that. I wasn't really planning on it but the preview was so obscure and the more I heard about it the more I thought that I might be lost if I don't read the graphic novel. So I read it and it was really good and now I am super excited for the movie. Looks really good. The imagery in the illustrations are amazing. The level of detail that goes into each panel. I used to really love to read comics. I wasn't super into them but I loved Archie and spiderman. But access to them was kind of difficult so I didn't read very many. I got most of my super-hero knowledge from the cartoons. I love almost all of the new comic book movies. Reading this novel was liking looking at storyboards for the movie and I've seen several shots that mirror exactly whats in the book. I'm really excited to see it on the big screen.

2 comments:

Ben Rasmussen said...

I read this somewhat recently, too. I can't wait for the movie.

Framed said...

I still can't bring myself to read a graphic novel. But the previews for the movie look very exciting.