Monday, March 23, 2009

#7 Confessions of a Shopaholic


I decided I wanted to read this book before I saw the movie, so I started reading the day before I was going. My roommate told me it was nothing like the movie so I would be okay, good thing because the book was bigger than I thought. And she was right, there were lots of differences. The gal, umm I can't remember her name was actually a little more likeable than in the movie and seemed smarter. The romance part also didn't just suddenly happen like it did in the movie so that was more enjoyable to read. I don't know if I'll read the sequels but it was a fun little read.

3 comments:

Framed said...

I thought "The Undomestic Goddess" by Kinsella was hilarious. It was audio and sometimes that helps. I recently mooched "Can You Keep a Secret". It looks like a fun read. You can always borrow these if you get a hankering to read another one of her books.

Amber said...

I read all of the Shopaholic books - I thought they were fun and entertaining. She would stress me out a little with her money problems, I really wanted to slap her sometimes. But I saw the movie as well and most definitley prefer the books over the movie. In the book she was presented more as an educated, smart girl who liked to shop. I get that! :-) Anyway, all were fun reads!

Katrina said...

I left a link to your review on my blog hope you dont mind. Check it out if you like . . . http://trinsnook.blogspot.com/2009/04/confessions-of-shopaholic.html