Monday, September 20, 2010

Next couple of books

#9 The Secret Scripture by Sebastian Barry: I really liked this book a lot. It had two stories going on that the same time in two different time periods. The writing was really good. The ending was somewhat disappointing in that it was a little easy and contrived, but getting to it was still very enjoyable.

#10 Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins: I liked this book though I still think the first of the series was the best book. What I love about these books is that though there is a romantic element it is not the basis for the whole book, there are bigger issues. I think this is the one time that I didn't like that the book was from the main character's point of view because a lot of key elements were left out or hurried. Though the boy I wanted to get the girl did, it was very anticlimactic and hurried. The whole ending was very rushed. So it left me a little disappointed.

1 comment:

Framed said...

I recently finished this one as well. My review will be up soon. I think I liked it better than you, but agree the first is the best. In fact, I agree with your whole review. You're brilliant.