Sunday, February 15, 2009

#4 The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald


I love Fitzgerald. Ever since I got a copy of his collection of short stories I have really enjoyed his writing so I was excited when The Great Gatsby was picked for our February book club book. It did not disappoint. Though I thought the plot of the story wasn't really up to par with some of his short stories, the way he tells it makes it still very enjoyable. He has such a way with phrases and descriptions. Really enjoyed reading this book and it gave me more motivation to read on in my short story book (it's quite large).

2 comments:

Framed said...

I've never wanted to read this book, but now I'll have to change my mind.

Booklogged said...

All the students in my study skills class had to read this for their English classes. I became quite familiar with it without ever really reading it.