Sunday, January 11, 2009

#1 Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

This book was a great read about a post apocalyptic world where everything is ruled by the Capitol and there are twelve districts that are subject to its tyranny. Story revolves around Katniss, a sixteen year old girl who has to hunt illegally in the woods to feed her mother and little sister. She is very independent and has only one friend, her hunting partner Gale. This is the time of dread for all the districts because one boy and one girl from each district is chosen to represent in the Hunger Games where there is only one victor and the others will never return. A great young adult thriller but it is the beginning of series with a definite cliffhanger at the end of the book so you may have to wait a year or so to find out what happens next. It was my book club book so I probably would have waited to read it until more books were out but now I can't wait to see what happens next.

2 comments:

Booklogged said...

Sounds interesting. I don't know that I'm into post apocalyptic stuff. I can only think of one book that I've read that would fit the bill - Left Behind. Since it's the beginning of the series I'll wait til you read more just to see if you still recommend it.

Framed said...

I can't remember a book for a year so maybe I'll wait until more of the series is published to read this. I'm glad you're posting book reviews again. 123