Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The Rest Falls Away by Colleen Gleason


Being in the mood for vampire books these days I took a cue from my aunt's review and decided to give this series a try. This is the first book. I was a little wary that I found it in the romance section of the bookstore, but I figured my aunt wouldn't reccommend a book that was too steamy and she seems to be way more sensitive then I would be. I actually don't mind a good romance.
This book did have some romance novel quirks to it but mostly nothing premarital so how can you fault that? (: Anyway as far as the story goes, Victoria Grantworth has taken on her family's legacy of becoming a Venator, someone who hunts and kills vampires. However she finds it difficult to balance her Societal duties of finding an eligible husband and protecting the innocent. She does manage to catch the eye of the most sought after bachelor, the Marquess Rockley. He is everything she would wish for but can he understand her destiny or will she have to constantly deceive him.
This book was fun to read. Definitely a good summertime novel. I'm sure I'll move on to the second book here pretty soon. It's pretty much what you would expect to get out of a book like this, not a work of art by any means but it can be engrossing and good for a non-thinker or if you just want something frivolous to read.

2 comments:

Framed said...

I believe I will read Twilight and Dracula first before thinking about another vampire novel. I can't believe I want to read those two.

Booklogged said...

It was enjoyable and good adventure, wasn't it? Glad you liked it.

Framed, I'd skip Twilight if I was you and read Rest Falls Away. There's so much teen angst in Twilight. My opinion, only.

Cassie, I see you are reading Poisonwood Bible. You know already, I'm sure, that it is one of my favorite books. Hope you enjoy it. I'm looking forward to a reread someday.