Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer


This is the third installment in the Twilight series. Again it was a page turner and very frustrating. Do not read on if you haven't already read the book and plan to as storylines will be given away. Bella and Edward are back together again (thank goodness, the second book was not as good for lack of Edward). Bella finds it increasingly difficult to maintain her friendship with Jacob while pursuing a relationship with Edward as they are natural enemies. Edward is overprotective but wants to make Bella happy and is willing to accept the friendship however Jacob is not as understanding, especially since he wants Bella for himself. While this love triangle is going on, Bella is still trying to convince Edward to make her a vampire however some new conditions have arisen and Victoria is back and still out for Bella's blood.


So many emotions flying througout this book. I've never been a fan of Jacob. I feel he is a very manipulating character, but maybe I just don't understand him. I read on Meyer's website a short summary of Twilight and New Moon as from Jacob's perspective to see if I would like him any better. It helped only a little. I am just so on Edward's side and want the two to be together that anyone who gets in the way is wrong.


Now I have to wait a whole year for the fourth book. Will the torture never end?

5 comments:

Framed said...

There's a fourth book??? Thanks to your spoiler warning, I skipped right down to the last sentence. I may never get caught up since I haven't even read the first one yet. If I join the first of series challenge, (have you ever known me to miss a challenge?) I thought I would add Twilight. So it may get done eventually.

Booklogged said...

I liked Twilight just okay, not enough to continue reading the series. From what I've heard I'm glad I stopped there. Katie loves the 3 she's read.

Tristi Pinkston said...

I didn't care for Jacob in Eclipse either, and I'm so glad to finally find someone who agrees with me! I thought he was controlling and manipulative (well, Edward does that too.) Maybe Bella should find herself a leprechaun or a faun or a centaur who will treat her with respect instead of all this bossing around.

Anonymous said...

i looooove these boooks!!!they are the best..if u dont like them then maybe they arent for you but they are GREAT!!! i just cant find a word for them they are to good(well for me)!!!

Josette said...

Aww...I hope you've BD already? I just finished Eclipse two nights ago and liked it a lot. Very fast-paced, full of suspense and simply thrilling! I think I like Jacob more than Edward. Edward seemed to controlling and over-protective.

I'm also amazed that so many vampires and werewolves are willing to protect Bella.

Here's my review of Eclipse.