Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Series of Unfortunate Events: The End by Lemony Snicket


Well, the series has finally been wrapped up, well about as far as it can be. As the book puts it there can never really be an end because the Baudelaire's story will continue even after the book is written and their story will link to someone else's story and so on and so on. That's how we all are.

Well, this was an okay series. In some ways I wish I hadn't started it. I had this foreboding feeling that the book was going to end with no resolution at all. Well, it didn't really but it concluded enough to my satisfaction. At least they weren't entirely unhappy when it ended. But some people bad people and some good people died. There were some mysteries revealed and some not.

I wouldn't really recommend this series that much. The writing is clever and the story is unique but most of the time I got irritated with the repetitiveness. So if you are already into you might as well keep going but if not, no need to start.

3 comments:

Framed said...

At last, a book I don't feel compelled to read. Thank you so much.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I read one in this series, but never desired to continue with the series. Sounds like I didn't miss much.

Anonymous said...

I think everyone should try one or two books in the series. I agree they did get repetitive, but for the age level they were geared to they may not have. Who knows? I thought the whole idea was great - imaginative and unusual. I mean the author tries to warn you to read something else if you like happy endings. What author does that?! And then the whole secrecy behind Lemony Snicket. Very clever stuff. BTW I stopped after book 5.